May 23, 2014

Lip Guilty Pleasure


Swatches from L-R: Korres Lip Butter in Pomegranate, Maybelline Colour Elixir in Rose Redefined, Rimmel Apocalips in Celestial, Revlon Matte Balm in Elusive, Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Nude-Ist, Cargo Lipstick in Bombay.

Who doesn't like lip products? Let's admit it, we all have that one special shade that you just can't get enough of. I'm going to call it the guilty pleasure shade (so sorry if it sounds weird). As for me, my guilty pleasure shade is a dusty pink colour that is slightly plumy. Come to think about it, they're like the perfect my lips but better shade. In my opinion, this kind of shade is perfect for everyday day or night and it looks really natural on me. Now, check your makeup stash, sort your lip products by colour and let me know what your guilty pleasure shade is.

Rimmel Apocalips in the shade Celestial is like my lipstick first love. I got it last year because Fleur from fleurdeforce just can't shut up about this product. I love the long-lasting and non-drying formula of this stuff. The newest addition to my collection is the Maybelline colour elixir in the shade Rose Redefined. Shock horror, this is the first (and only) lip gloss I ever own. So far I'm liking it, but I think glosses are just not for me. With Korres Lip Butter in Pomegranate, I just can't go wrong. Slap it on real quick to get a sheer wash of colour and it will go with any makeup look (and outfit). Cargo Cosmetics lipstick in Bombay is really great too! Love the packaging, it is moisturizing, lasts the whole day while still very moisturizing. But just don't drink (or kiss) when wearing this lipstick they will transfer. Revlon matte balm in Elusive is nice too, even though for some reason when worn by me it translates as more of a shocking pink (?) so I don't get to use this that much. I love matte lipstick but most of the time I find they are really drying and by the end of the day my lips just look flaky and horrible, but Bourjois Rouge Velvet in Nude-ist doesn't do that.

As I said in my previous post, I'll try to post once a week and one post a month will be something non-related. I am by no means an expert in beauty or swatching lipstick. I think I need to improve my photography skills as well. But hey everyone needs to learn. So I hope you enjoy this little variety in my blog. Don't forget to follow, like, comment and all that. It will mean a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...