September 6, 2014

Essie Spring 2014

Essie Spring 2014
From L-R: Romper Room, Style Hunter, Fashion Playground, Hide and go Chic
If you live somewhere around the southern hemisphere you'll know that spring has just arrived! Who's excited? I know I am. Today I have Essie Spring 2014 collection to share with you. This collection actually consists of 6 shades, but I got the minis and only get 4 out of 6. Now if you've been an Essie lovers you'll know some of the shades here are actually a bit of recycle from their previous collection. Keep reading to see what I think about these polishes.


Romper Room

Romper Room
Is a pale pink creme polish. Reminds me a lot of previous Essie 'Fiji' only Romper Room is pinker. Gorgeous shade but is a pain to apply. Consistency is more on the thicker side and application is streaky and a bit patchy. You can build it up of course. However, it is such a beautiful shade so the pain is totally worth it!

Style Hunter

Style Hunter
A bright raspberry red creme polish. Not a very unique colour in my opinion. I have a few similar dupes of this. I also think this one has the best formula of all these. A one coater that is not streaky at all. Love!

Fashion Playground

Fashion Playground
This is a mint green creme polish with a light silver shimmer running across. This colour reminds me a lot of Mint Candy Apple; Fashion Playground has more green and has a bit of glitter in it. Although the glitter doesn't show up that much. Formula is thin and sheer so you need at least 3 coats to get full opacity.

Hide & Go Chic

Hide and Go Chic
Is an azure blue creme polish. Formula is great on this one, it is pigmented so 2 coats is all you need and application is not streaky at all.

Overall, a good collection from Essie but nothing really special about it. I find Essie is just 'recycling' their previous bestselling shades.

What do you think about this collection?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...